Highly effective marketing is a make-or-break necessity to be successful in the world of e-commerce. To stay ahead of the competition, you must not only have a good marketing strategy, but also implement it with a creative approach.
In this blog post, we’ll reveal the most effective marketing tools to drive sales for e-commerce businesses.
1. Leverage email marketing
First in our list of e-commerce website promotion ideas is email marketing. 47% of marketers consider it as one of the most effective tactics for converting leads into customers. It’s a great way of getting directly in front of your users’ faces without being too obtrusive. Email marketing comes with its shortcomings though. No matter how good your email campaign or your product is, your emails are most likely to end up in a sea of emails competing for recipients’ attention. Thus, you need to stand out from the crowd.
Customized emails are a fantastic way to encourage direct contact between your company and your clients. Here are several tips to improve your email marketing results:
- Write welcome emails: It's essential to send them after signing up, subscribing, or submitting emails to an online store, as it is the first impression on behalf of your brand and a great chance to establish a relationship with a new contact.
- Send newsletters: Adding personalized offers with store updates makes each customer feel special and improves traffic to your website. You may personalize your newsletters quickly and easily with dynamic content for each recipient based on variables such as name, location, and history of their activity.
- Send birthday cards: A hassle-free birthday email that’s automatically sent out to each of your clients on their special day saves time, delights your audience, and helps you get long-term business results.
- Recover abandoned carts: Recover sales from abandoned shopping carts with great-looking automated emails that include a reminder of the items left behind, an actionable copy, and a call to action that motivates people to buy.
Email is an important component of a marketing strategy, and its success largely depends on how well your email campaign is crafted.
2. Use social media to increase sales
One of the best e-commerce promotion ideas is using social media. Here we have compiled some tips to engage your audience:
1. Set goals
Come up with a goal for your social media platforms. Ideally, your goals should be achievable, relevant, and measurable. Here are some typical examples of social media objectives:
- Increase brand awareness
- Generate more sales and conversions
- Build customer loyalty and advocacy
- Improve customer service
- Leverage social listening to get insights about your target audience and target market
Why is it important to set goals? Because you can turn them into straightforward tasks and start improving your sales.
2. Know which social media platforms are best for your business
You can choose from a variety of social media platforms, but not all of them will be right for your business. For instance, if you choose to implement your marketing promo ideas with social media platforms like Instagram, TikTok, and Pinterest focus on visual aspects. So, if you're selling products for a younger audience, you can natively promote your brand and showcase your products in action to give potential customers an idea of what they will get if they purchase from you.
Or, if you sell services like consulting or educational courses, you might want to resort to business-oriented social media platforms like LinkedIn that target a mature and professional audience.
Instead of trying to embrace all social media platforms, choose one or two to focus on. This way, you can keep your communications consistent and build a vibrant community around your business.
3. Post regularly and consistently
The key to social media success is consistency. By posting every day or week, you will help your followers get into a habit of checking in with you, so they will remember what you're about. People may forget about you entirely if they don't see rhyme or reason behind the posts you make. There's no right or wrong way to schedule posting. Consider your target audience: determining your target market allows you to carry out better promotion ideas for e-commerce.
Use a social media calendar to ensure people don't forget about your brand. The calendar allows you to plan out your posts ahead of time so that when followers decide to look at their page again, even if they're not followers anymore, you have content ready for someone new to stumble upon it. Calendars also help streamline other initiatives like contests and online product promotion. Using calendars, employees can easily see what needs doing each week, without having to worry about remembering everything themselves.
4. Partner with influencers
People trust social media influencers because they're authentic. They tell it like it is, try out new products, and share honest opinions about them – they're not afraid to say when they don't like a product or a service. Their audiences trust this opinion because they know the influencer has tried out hundreds of things before giving an honest review of each one of them.
There are many reasons why brands should use social media influencers, but here are the top five:
- Their audience already trusts them. One of the best things about using social media influencers is that they already have a loyal audience, which means you don't have to start from scratch when it comes to building trust with your own targeted audience. That's because their followers are already familiar with them, and they've already established trust in their content.
- They have authentic relationships with their audience. Influencers are real people and that's their competitive advantage over endorsements and paid ads. They have real opinions, and their audience trusts them because they know these personalities on a personal level. Influencers bring something new to the table when it comes to advertising and selling products – they can help brands directly reach more customers.
- They can show brand products in new ways. Influencers can be great brand ambassadors. They can show their followers how to use products in new ways and create recipes incorporating them. Influencers also have a significant reach, so if you are launching a new product or service and want to attract new customers, influencer marketing is one way to do this.
- Their followers are more likely to make purchases. People are more likely to make purchases from influencers who they're already familiar with. Influencers can help you build brand awareness and brand affinity, which are both important for marketing.
5. Encourage reviews and testimonials from past customers
You can encourage reviews and testimonials by:
- Offering discounts or free products to people who leave reviews. Make sure you're clear on your policy, and make sure it's in line with current laws.
- Having a contest where people comment on your Facebook page about their buying experience, where you randomly select winners for prizes like gift cards or a discount on their next purchase at your store.
3. Add user-generated content as extra confidence to purchase
User-generated content impacts people's purchasing decisions. Consumers demand a more engaging shopping experience: they will be more likely to purchase a product from an online store if fellow-shoppers answer questions about the products and share insights about purchases.
83 percent of consumers say they trust a brand if a website has photos and videos from real customers. The customers’ insights about business values help to create and promote business trust and loyalty.
Product reviews, social media posts, unboxing videos – there are a variety of ways to share insights about purchases that build social proof and increase shopper confidence.
Moreover, when customers feel connected to brands, they remain loyal customers and become full-blown brand advocates.
4. Leverage content marketing
Among many goals, content marketing focuses on attracting and retaining new customers. If you’re looking for marketing ideas for e-commerce, effective content marketing is one of the best ways to regularly interact with your audience and establish credibility for your business.
According to Forbes, nearly half of buyers observe three to five pieces of content when starting a buying process, and 96% of B2B buyers analyze thought leadership content before making a purchase.
With so much content being generated, it's hard for brands to break through it and reach their target audience. Therefore, we recommend the following steps in creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly defined audience:
Create valuable content
Self-focused content marketing doesn’t provide much value for the customers. Marketing promotion ideas should aim to build consumer trust by providing informative, comprehensive information about a product or service that answers people's questions, concerns, or uncertainties. Also, a winning strategy is to provide accessible information about prospects and experiences from your personal point of view. Content needs to add value to a brand and have real meaning. Creating consumer engagement without meaningful brand connection is a mistaken approach to business development.
Posting frequency is the key to successful blogging. Produce at least one post a week. All content marketing assets, including blog posts, must add value to the reader by answering questions or solving problems, not just run on the company's ads or insider headlines.
Communicate with your target audience
Today, websites are a kind of online presence for reputable companies, where businesses share crucial information with customers and answer all the What’s and Why’s that they may have. Your website is a quick and easy way of communicating information to your target audience and implementing your online promotion ideas.
Any kind of information is easily available and at our fingertips, so:
- Showcase your products and explain how to use them in real life.
- Upload promotional videos to really engage your customers.
- Post news you want to share with colleagues or have any important information that can be accessed by users.
- Share customer reviews and testimonials.
- Use your website's contact page or e-commerce features to make purchasing a product or finding a retail outlet easier than ever before.
Demonstrating what opportunities your products or services have given your customers allows potential customers to get a full picture of their expected experience with your company.
5. Introduce Frequently Asked Questions pages
Looking for online store promotion ideas that will help you stand out from the competition? Think about highlighting your product or service from different angles. Among the website promotion ideas, such an approach helps you understand visitors’ search intent, and makes it easy for users to understand your business. Website pages should both help attract first-time visitors and move users through the sales pipeline. Thus, “frequently asked questions” is one of the most important pages, as it helps with both of these main goals.
Adding an FAQ page can help you work with customers’ objections, save time on answering repetitive questions, and, eventually, convert leads to clients. Moreover, by using SEO data, keywords, and internal links, you can turn your FAQ page from only a helpful instrument for your customers to a marketing tool to encourage purchases and lure in new clients.
An in-depth blog post for each question with naturally SEO-rich content provides endless, helpful information to your users, plus it stacks your site well above your competition for its large number of pages.
There are some promotion ideas for an online store to make a FAQ page much more successful:
- Use listing or group the questions by category or topic to help site visitors easily find the content they’re looking for.
- Choose facts over marketing, but give clear answers to how your company’s values and expertise can help solve each customer’s problem.
- Use a clear call to action that prompts customers to move forward in the sales funnel. It may be a link to your contact page, the option to download a helpful page, or the ability to join your email list for product updates.
- Update your FAQ page over time and be attentive to your customers’ concerns. Don’t let your FAQ page become obsolete and keep it updated with the most valuable and relevant information and useful cons as your business evolves.
- Track your FAQ page performance. Typical metrics to track include page views, read times, and bounce